Encouraging manageable lifestyle changes for health and happiness, through research and personal experience.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Fit Bit of Inspiration

At the end of every yoga class, as we are finishing our meditation, I read a quote. I found a great little quote book called "The Daily Book of Positive Quotations" by Linda Picone. I get a lot of positive feedback about many of the quotes in this book, but the one I read last night really spoke to me and a couple of my fellow yogis. It is very applicable to what we discussed last week regarding accountability (in training, work projects, whatever), so I wanted to share it with you:

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club" ~Jack London
Author's comments: Some artists wait to be struck, like lightening, by inspiration and then follow the inspiration wherever it leads. Others simply get up everyday and go to work. They write until they've produced a certain number of words. They draw until they've completed a certain number of sketches. These artists don't wait for inspiration, they work. And work. And work. And eventually, inspiration makes an appearance.
Self Reflection: I sometimes use lack of inspiration as an excuse for not doing things I say I love. Today I'm going to go ahead and do what I love and not wait to be inspired. If I have to, I'll make my own inspiration.

This really spoke to me regarding my personal fitness, my blogging, and especially my school projects. I hope it speaks to you as well... perhaps even inspires you!

Have a HEALTHY day!
~Fit Britt

3 comments:

  1. I love my bed so I am inspired to sleep! And perhaps dream up some inspiration to get out of bed tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will, however, track just how active you are, on average, on any given day, upload that data through a wireless base to the website, and organize the information into nifty pie charts, bar graphs and averages tracked over time to give you an idea of your overall fitness level. In short, it’s a pocket-sized fitness coach that won’t yell at you if you skip your 5 AM walk.Fitbit Review

    ReplyDelete
  3. April - over the past week and some much needed sleep, I hope you have found some inspiration for whatever your goal is!
    fwork03 - Funny, you are actually commenting on the FitBit calorie counter, which isn't what I was talking about, but it is another great device to use for motivation!

    Thanks for the comments
    ~Fit Britt

    ReplyDelete

Followers