Encouraging manageable lifestyle changes for health and happiness, through research and personal experience.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Toning Shoes

I've had a few people ask me about toning shoes, and whether or not they really work.
The American Council on Exercise published an article earlier this summer discussing a few key brands:

Will Toning Shoes Really Give You A Better Body?

To this, I will add - I love wearing Fit Flops and have also enjoyed a few pairs of Earth shoes. Whether or not these actually "tone" your muscles while you wear them, I do believe that they help to keep your body in a more supported neutral alignment. This can help to engage your glutes and eliminate joint and low back pain.

Have you tried any brands? What are your thoughts?

Have a HEALTHY day!
~Fit Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers